Friday, May 14, 2010

Early Morning Trips

This morning, my brother came home from Kentucky. He came home at four this morning. I woke up and he was there. I was really excited. A little later, I went to Walmart with my dad. After getting all the items we needed, we checked out and went outside. Dad wasn't feeling well and drank something quickly. After the sugar got into his system, he was feeling a bit better. He said his hands weren't shaking anymore, but his legs were.

On the way home, I looked over at my dad and realized he was having a hard time driving. For some reason, this made me think of something almost completely unrelated.

I was eating Doritos one day when I pulled out one covered in seasoning. This was the holy grail of all chips. I was so excited. I showed my dad and he laughed. I gave him the chip and was happy. Daddy really enjoyed it.

I later told someone that story and he asked me why I gave away a prized chip, knowing of my addiction to chips. I told him that it would have been nice to have eaten that chip, but having my dad enjoy the chip was so much better.

When I remembered that in the truck this morning, I was really glad I did that. I don't want to have later regrets. If we do things for other people now, we won't have to regret wasted opprotunities with people later on. I don't want to look back on my life and wish that i would have been a nicer person. All this was caused over an early morning trip with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment